Sunday, March 18, 2012

Peacock Party


Felicity's 12th Birthday
She really likes peacocks, so this is my attempt at a peacock party.
My attempt at peacock cupcakes, Peeps with a icing curl on their head and "feathers" using the Wilton leaf tip using purple and green icing.
use your imagination, also a peacock?  Cold cut turkey and roast beef with cream cheese inside and rolled up for the tail feathers, artichoke heart for the beak, olive eyes, spinach leaf for the feather on top of the peacocks head, banana peppers to fill in the gaps, pretzel sticks for the nest.  This is an artistic interpretation of what a peacock looks like, lol!


This is supposed to look like a peacock nest...although I've never seen one :)
Was going to make a watermelon peacock until I discovered that I had waited too long to use the watermelon, it's now watermush :( After we discovered it was unusable, Aubree wanted to throw it off the deck, she thought that would be fun.  I told her she had to wait and ask Dustin (he was getting pizzas), he finally said yes, if she cleans it up.  I think she wanted to video the watermush explosion because she decided it was too dark by the time she got the approval. Needless to say, it made it to the curb on trash day, still in just two pieces.  :) I'm not that disappointed at that outcome but I'm sure the ants are, there is no way she could've gotten it all cleaned up!
Thank you for coming gifts...used left over contact paper to cover spiral notebooks, tied on colored pens with ribbon and wrapped candy in purple tulle. Simple and cute!  I also got some earring kits for them all to make their own earrings, but they politely kept telling me they would do that later...I thought it would be fun but I'm not 12 :)  I saw them watching one of Felicity's movies that she's seen 100 times, really?  Making earrings looks more fun than that...but what do I know? :)
Preteen Approved!



1 comment:

Blogging tips