Monday, September 10, 2012

Yellow Cake Mix Cookies

Since we got our "new" cookie jar (bottom of page), I've been on a cookie-kick!
While Aubree, Hailee and Felicity worked on their homework, Sadie and I decided to surprise everyone with cookies.  Hailee mentioned earlier that she wanted peanut butter cookies but Aubree doesn't like peanut butter.

So here's what we did...
Sadie and I each got our own bowls and we put half of a yellow cake mix in each (1 1/2 cups is half)
Sadie added 1/4 cup olive oil to her bowl-I added 1/8 cup olive oil to my bowl
We each added 1 egg into our bowl
Don't let the Crisco confuse you, it doesn't get added

Then Sadie added 1/2 cup of peanut butter and 1 Tablespoon of Water to her bowl - I added 1/4 cup of Sugar- and then we each stirred the ingredients together in our separate bowls.
So now we have two different kinds of cookies made at the same time; peanut butter cookies and sugar cookies.
We dusted them all with sugar and criss-crossed them with a fork. You could ice, sprinkle or roll out the sugar cookies, but for a weeknight treat-that's too much work!
We baked them in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes.
Service with a smile :)

Whooo wouldn't love our "new" cookie jar

 
I've wanted the owl cookie jar from Anthropologie, but every time I think I'm going to buy it, I talk myself out of it.  $68-$128 is a lot to spend on a cookie jar especially since I like the look of the white one and the size of the orange. So I spent $10 on this one instead, which is the size of the orange.  I'm considering Anthro-ing it up but I'm haven't completely decided yet.
A Real Hoot Canister-Anthropologie
Wise Ol' Canister-Anthropologie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips