Sunday, October 6, 2013

Taggy Blanket for a Boy

Blanket for my Adorable Nephew:

Needs to be:
Manly but Cute
Taggy-like for Chewing
Big Enough for Peek-a-Boo

Needs to Not be:
Girly-or Colors that could be interpreted as Girly
Small Enough to be used for the Drop Game

Orange fleece-doubled. Used hula-hoop for circle pattern. 
 Sit-n-spin used for circles on basketball.  Yes, it's going to look like a basketball.  Manly-check!
 Here's the pattern that I sewed over (sewing the two pieces together).  I used a zig-zag stitch, and a 1.8 for the closeness (or close together, if you don't have that type of machine).
 Only a year ago, and Sadie looks so young here.  She didn't understand why her sit-n-spin was on the material, but might as well play on it since it's there, right?

I used boy-like ribbon for the taggies, like puppy paw prints, baseball, etc. Taggy-like to Chew On-Check! I used black felt for the letters.  I obviously didn't have any sort of stencil for the lettering...just kidding, I did, G's are difficult to cut. 
  
Big Enough for Peek-a-Boo-Check
Cute-Check, Check, and Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips