Thursday, September 15, 2011

...then a Black Cat Crossed my Path

On my way back from the airport yesterday a black cat crossed my path.  I am a little superstitious, so I nearly wrecked the van trying to see any a patch of white or anything to not make it a BLACK CAT!

My next thought was, it's nearly 8 o'clock, the night is almost over, what could possibly happen?

At 9:30 p.m. Sadie had just finished watching Rapunzel.  The credits were running, the music was playing and Sadie was dancing. Then our night takes a turn for the worse...
In Sadie's words..."I was just dancing and the t.v. broke my face and I had bled all over me".


Her face is already glued here, taken the next day

They cleaned out her owie, numbed it and said they would be back to glue it shut and it would actually be better if she was asleep.  3 hours later, she was still wide awake, climbing up and down the hospital bed, and opening and closing the room door...while her Mommy and Daddy nodded in and out of sleep.

Sadie: Where's the doctor? I'm just gonna leave.  When's the doctor gonna glue my face? Where's the doctor?
Me: (on the hospital bed) Come lay by Mommy and take a little nap.
Sadie: I don't want to take a nap, where's the doctor.
Dustin/Daddy: (in the chair, blanket over him) *sigh* Sadie
Sadie: What? I'm trying to find the doctor's at.
Dustin/Daddy: *sigh*

4 hours later we were back home from the Emergency Room, our sweet baby with the gaping cut in her forehead glued shut.  It's 1:30 a.m. and she's still awake...I assume she went to sleep as soon as she laid down but I don't know because Dustin and I were both asleep when our heads hit the pillow.

8 o'clock in the morning, "Hi Mommy, Hi!"
How does she not require any sleep?

Above her left eye, poor baby!

The next time a Black Cat tries to crosses my path, I will stop the car, back up and turn around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips