Friday, January 14, 2011

Banana Phone

Sadie is 20 months old and she doesn't ever stop talking. She's practically our own amateur M.C.
This week I was baking cinnamon rolls; as soon as I put them in the oven...

Sadie:   Mommy, Cookies, Sadie Eat
Me:      Yes honey you can have a cinnamon roll when they're finished baking
Sadie:   Mine eat, cookies, mine mouth, eat
Me:      It's only been 1 minute, we have 13 more minutes to go

Sadie continued to talk non-stop trying to encourage me to remove the "cookies" from the oven.  I tried turning the oven light on so she could see the cinnamon rolls, but that did not appease her.  So I ended up doing the only thing I could think of to get her mind off the cinnamon rolls.  I picked up a banana and started talking into it like it was a phone. All I really needed to do after the initial greeting was nod my head a few times and add in a fake laugh or two and she just stared at me with an odd fascination.  This moment of silence continued until the buzzer went off. I probably looked completely crazy, but sometimes you have to act a little crazy to stay completely sane!

3 comments:

  1. Really gives meaning to the phrase "going bananas!" So cute; enjoying your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should I have said something about only making "tasteful" comments...lol, banana-tasteful!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips