Friday, January 28, 2011

How 'bout them Apples...

The best way to make sure my four darling daughters eat healthy is by having fruits readily available ...

Or for a not as healthy alternative you can try the Apple Fritters recipe or the Other Apple Ideas below...
I was folding clothes and Sadie was following me around as usual...and then she was gone
Jack (our four legged friend) lead me back to the laundry room and this is what I found!
Obviously she built up an appetite sorting socks!


Apple Fritters
Found in 365 Foods Kids Love to Eat
2nd Edition
Sheila Ellison & Judith Gray


Ingredients:
4 cooking apples, peeled and cored
1 1/4 cups unbleached flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
2 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup milk

Directions:
Cut apples into small chunks. Sift together the flour, baking powder and sugar.  Beat egg yolks and milk together and stir into dry ingredients.  Add apples.  Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture.  Drop tablespoons of batter into hot oil and cook until golden brown on both sides.  Serve warm, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Yield: 12 servings.

Other Apple Ideas

Our family is a little apple crazy!  We like apples in pancakes and in chili! Delicious! You just cut your apples into little slivers and add it to your chili.  I've been eating my chili this way ever since I can remember.  My mom always made sure when she made chili to have an apple on hand and one apple was enough for everyone in the family's apple-chili needs.  My mom also put apples and cinnamon in pancakes.  This probably doesn't sound as crazy but all three apple ideas you've just received are very tasty and definitely worth trying...especially the chili!



2 comments:

Blogging tips