Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mud Cookies (That you can actually eat!)

These cookies are no-bake cookies but my Mom is the only one I know that makes them like this...with no peanut butter and we've always called them mud cookies.

My mom would serve this in a white oval shaped shallow dish.  I refer to the cookies as "this" instead of them because it was one big dish of mud cookies and you would spoon out the amount you would want.

Since it was snowing profusely outside I decided warm cookies would hit the spot.  I made them the exact way my Mom used to except my oval shallow dish is translucent pink instead of white.  My husband didn't get the scooping it out with a spoon thing, apparently he's not a fan of mud cookie globs.  Aubree wasn't a fan either.  Even though everyone has their own spoon, the act of reusing your spoon to apply another mud cookie glob was too much for her to handle (with her self-proclaimed mild case of OCD).  Hailee, Felicity and Sadie had no problem spooning out their mud cookies and appreciated the fact that you have the ability to decide how big your cookie is!  I think that is why mud cookies are such a special memory to me...they are fun and different...and delicious!

 Mud Cookies

3/4 Cup Milk
2 Cups Sugar
1 Stick Oleo
4 Tablespoons Cocoa

1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Cups Coconut
2 1/2 Cups Oats

Boil Milk, Sugar, Oleo and Cocoa 3 minutes.  Lower heat and
add in Vanilla, Coconut and Oats.  Let cook an additional minute.
Spoon out single servings on wax paper or  spoon entire amount into a shallow oval
dish and spoon out single serving amounts as desired.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips