Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Project 1: Tear Drop Trailer

Dustin  has been talking about making a teardrop trailer now for the past year. I didn't realize he was actually going to do it until about a week ago...

Dustin:  I'm going to go look at a camper tonight which I think will work for the frame for our teardrop trailer, do you want to go with me?
Me:       You're serious?  You're really going to build this thing?
Dustin:  You didn't think I was serious? Yeah, Dad and I are going to build it together.
Me:       Where are you planning on doing this?
Dustin:  Mom & Dad's house...hopefully they are good with that.
Me:        Wow...okay.

So, the project begins:

Here it is...in all its glory.
Canvas is now removed
And there's the canvas
The top is now gone
We love the retro cook top! Definitely saving that for the new trailer! 
And the retro sink!

All in a days work!

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, not sure I'm understanding how this is going to look when it is finished, but good luck Dustin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he probably needs all the luck he can get! They don't have any set plans...they just know what it's supposed to look like when it's done. As long as it will get me off of the ground while camping, I'm good with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey this is cool, i am building a teardrop trailer from the exact same tent trailer you are. i would love to see some more progress photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42426

      Here are more pics! Good luck on your camper!

      Delete
  4. Did this ever get finished? Would love to see the rest of the project.,

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, thanks for your reply. I just posted an update. I also made curtains for it...but I couldn't find the newest pictures.It's being stored at my in-laws now for the winter. I will post window and curtain pictures as soon as I find them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks campers for sale in Missouri

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips