Monday, February 28, 2011

Project 2: Doll House Day 2

Sadie and I decided that Project 2: Doll House might be a little much for just the two of us so we decided to do a little recruiting.
Painting the door
As self-proclaimed Project Manager, I was determined to keep full control of the project J
Sadie being Head Creative Director/Painting Coordinator, she was also determined to keep full control of her portions of the project.  No artistic interpretations, Daddy…leave that to the professional!
 Painting the bay windows
The Front Door!
The outside of the house is now yellow!
I didn’t want to pay $10 for “doll house” wall paper paste…so I made my own. 
 Home-made Wall Paper Paste
½ Cup Flour
1 Cup Water
1 ½ T. Salt

Mix together, should be the consistency of yogurt. 
Sadie showing Aubree how to apply the wallpaper paste.
Hailee trims down the wallpaper.
Turns out, I'm not any better at wallpapering a little board than I am an entire room...I thought it would be easier (this is one reason I no longer try to put up wallpaper).  Sadie picked out this pattern.  I love it.  Just to keep to the old antique feel I made sure the wallpaper had plenty of wrinkly lines in it.  I could've smoothed them out (yeah right) but that would've lost the affect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips