Thursday, February 10, 2011

Colorful Stress Relief

I'm not an artist but I do like to paint...it's a great way to relief stress!  My paintings are, well...weird.  They always seem bright and happy but there is always a undertone of darkness (usually portrayed by death or dying).  The brightness in the pictures I always think of as my happiness and the darkness is the stress that I'm feeling at the time.  Look at my paintings below and see if you can find the "darkness".  Some are more obvious than the others.

This is my first painting ever.  I painted it two years ago.  Because of taking a picture of a picture, it's flipped backwards (like the ones below) but you still get the idea.
He isn't really proportioned right at all, but it doesn't matter, it was fun!
This one is kind of hard to see, but I'll give you a hint...her roots on the left side are turning brown.  The picture of the picture makes it hard to see that.  She is a pretty big painting, so I made a practice picture with a smaller canvas just using a pencil.
Pretty difficult to see, but you get the idea.  I just used acrylic paints and I always draw it out with a pencil first.  I'm sure that isn't proper technique, but like I said before...it doesn't really matter!  It was fun and relieved my stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips