Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dress Shopping on Autopilot!

One of the greatest things about having four darling daughters is that they are all so different in some ways and so alike in others.  While Aubree hadn’t decided she was going to Court Warming until it was less than a week away.  Hailee knew since the beginning of school that there would be a Winter Dance and that come hell or high water she would be there.  Hailee is my planner.  Making lists and planning every aspect of her life is just part of living with Hailee.

2  Months Out:

Hailee: Mom we need to go shopping for a formal for the Winter Dance.
Me: Hailee, its two months away, and I’m not really worried about it this minute.
Hailee: I’m sure everyone else already has their dress by now.
Me: Remind me in a month.

6 Weeks Out:

Hailee: Mom when are we going to go shopping for a dress.  Seriously, all the good ones are going to be gone.
Me: I wish I was 12 again and only had one thing in the world to worry about.
Hailee: Come on, Mom.  I’m just going to borrow a dress since you won’t get me one.
Me: Great idea, if it means you will leave me alone about it.

3 Weeks Out:

Hailee: Am I really going to borrow a dress or are you going to get me one? (Now she is sounding desperate).
Me: Go look online and get ideas

Now it’s not that I never go shopping, but it seems like every time I went she was not around.  A couple of times I tried to get a hold of her to go with me, but no one would answer… when she stays the night with someone, they never wake up before 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. (no, I’m not kidding)

1 hour later:

Hailee: Okay, I know the dress I want.  It’s at Maurices can we go there now?
Me: Its 8:30 and they’re closed

The next day we go to Maurices. 
 She grabs the dress she went there for...
Grabs another dress she didn't see online and kind of liked...
Tried the first dress on again, just to make sure...
Yep, that was the one!

I also picked up three work shirts on clearance for myself, plus the dress and we were in and out of there in less than 45 minutes! It must be a record!

2 comments:

Blogging tips