Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bread Pudding

I hadn't made Bread Pudding in several years; I thought I was the only one in the house that liked it! In fact, I loved it as a kid!  I had to have it in a certain bowl, hot from the oven, surrounded by milk (like a bread pudding island).

So last week I had a bad day :( and I need the ultimate comfort food...bread pudding...and I didn't care if I had to eat it all myself, it would be worth it.  I called my mom and got her recipe, it's not real exact but hopefully the pictures will help!

Here's what you need:
Ingredients
bread
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
cinnamon
1 egg
1/3 cup flour
raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch salt
milk (I used evaporated milk 1 1/2 cans)
Crumble the bread and place in a greased casserole dish stir in the remaining ingredients and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
The final product...
It tasted just as good as I remembered!  I didn't take a picture of it in my bowl with milk around, I was too busy eating it!  Unfortunately, the whole family liked it so I didn't get to eat it all to myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips