Monday, August 13, 2012

Transition Day

To get the kids ready for a new school they have transition day.

Felicity is starting Middle School and Hailee is starting high school. Aubree is a Junior, but is a Freshmen mentor so she also had to go to Transition Day.  The two girls were nervous and excited about starting a new school so I took Hailee to her friend's house to get on the bus with her 3 BFFs.
Hailee & her 3 BFFs :)
On the way back I passed Aubree on the road and she was waving like crazy :) I pulled in the driveway and Felicity was walking out of the house to met her friend at the bus stop (across from our house).  I realized that I hadn't taken pictures, since it wasn't technically their first day. Then I realized that one of the girls (anonymous :) ) was wearing her sister's jacket without permission, and it did look good with the outfit...so I knew taking pictures might cause a conflict :)

I watched as Felicity waited for the bus but she and her friend were giggly and nervous so I went inside to give them their space.

Then it hit me, Aubree just drove to school, Hailee is in High School and Felicity is in Middle School!...and the tears started to roll...
They should still look like this...where did the time go?

Aubree and Hailee, at Felicity's 6th grade recognition


Felicity-6th Grade Recognition

Then I heard a bus. Felicity and her friend were screaming in excitement.  I couldn't let her see me, but I wanted to watch her get on the bus so I went out the back side of the house to see, but I was too late, so I ran to the other side of the house to see the bus go by...

Just then I saw the bus stop and the two girls getting back off the bus, laughing and basically freaking out!  They were on the wrong bus.  The Freshmen on the bus realized it was Hailee's little sister that got on instead of Hailee so they yelled at the bus driver to "Stop the Bus"!

Both girls were mortified, and I couldn't help but laugh, laughing so hard they heard me and Felicity accused me of creeping on them, lol!  

They did end up getting on the right bus but they will probably never hear the end of this.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips